This page contains information about open calls for experts or Federal Register Notices that are relevant to USGCRP activities.
Expert Review: IPCC Working Group I Contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report
Call for nominations: IPBES task forces on policy tools and methodologies, scenarios and models, capacity building, knowledge and data, and indigenous and local knowledge
- Policy tools and methodologies (see here for more information)
- Scenarios and models (see here for more information)
- Capacity building (see here for more information)
- Knowledge and data (see here for more information)
- Indigenous and local knowledge (see here for more information)
Updates and Public Engagement Opportunities for the Fourth National Climate Assessment
Call for nominations: IPBES assessment of invasive alien species
U.S. Government Review: Two IPCC Special Reports
- Climate Change and Land - An IPCC Special Report on Climate Change, Desertification, Land Degradation, Sustainable Land Management, Food Security, and Greenhouse Gas Fluxes in Terrestrial Ecosystems (SR2)
- Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (SR3)
Expert Review: IPCC TFI Methodology Report Refinement
Expert Review: IPCC Special Report on Land
Expert Review: IPCC Special Report on Oceans
Call for nominations: IPBES assessments of nature's values and sustainable use of wild species
- A methodological assessment regarding the diverse conceptualization of multiple values of nature and its benefits.
- A thematic assessment of the sustainable use of wild species.
Call for U.S. Expert Nominations, Pool of Experts, World Ocean Assessment-II
Call for Expert Comment: IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C
Call for Public Comment on the Draft Fourth National Climate Assessment (Vol. II)
Call for Public Comment on the 2nd State of the Carbon Cycle Report (SOCCR-2)
Call for Author Nominations: IPCC Sixth Assessment Report (AR6)
The U.S. Department of State seeks nominations for U.S. scientists with requisite expertise to serve as Lead Authors or Review Editors on the Working Group I, II, and III contributions to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) AR6. The relevant decision documents from the 46th Session of the Panel (Montreal, Canada • 6–10 September), including annotated outlines, can be found on the IPCC web site.
Call for Expert Reviewers for the Sixth Global Environment Outlook (GEO 6) Report
The United States Government is an active member of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP, www.unep.org), which is in the process of delivering the sixth Global Environment Outlook (GEO 6). The assessment will provide a comprehensive picture of the environmental factors contributing to human well-being in the world, accompanied by an analysis of policies leading to greater attainment of environmental objectives and goals, including those included in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The review period of these chapters ends on September 15, 2017.
Call for Review Editors for Fourth National Climate Assessment
Review Editors are responsible for ensuring that all substantive comments received during the public comment period and from the National Academy of Sciences review are appropriately addressed. They will also provide guidance to chapter leadership on contentious issues, and ensure that significant scientific uncertainties are adequately reflected in the text. Review Editors do not comment on the text itself. The deadline for submission was September 8, 2017. For more information on this call for nominees, please see the Federal Register Notice.