PostedMar 29, 2013
Join the National Climate Assessment for a discussion at the National Adaptation Forum!
On April 2, the National Climate Assessment will be hosting a discussion session for attendees of the National Adaptation Forum in Denver, CO. The session will focus on using the National Climate Assessment in planning and management for adaptation. We invite all NAF attendees to join us for the session!
Climate Assessment for Adaptation: Using the National Climate Assessment in Planning and Management
Date: Tuesday, April 2
Time: 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Location: Denver Marriott City Center, Ballroom F
- Susi Moser, Susanne Moser Research & Consulting
- Jim Buizer, University of Arizona
- Paul Fleming, Seattle Public Utilities
- Gregg Garfin, University of Arizona
- Amy Luers, Skoll Global Threats Fund
Moderated by Kathy Jacobs, White House Office of Science & Technology Policy and Director, National Climate Assessment
- Presentations by the director and authors of the draft Third National Climate Assessment (NCA)
- Focus: ideas for supporting adaptation through sustained assessment processes
- 5:00 – 5:40: an overview on the NCA process and draft conclusions
- 5:40 – 6:30: discussion of options under consideration for the sustained assessment process, and an opportunity for input from the adaptation community
The draft report is open for public comment until April 12 at http://www.ncadac.globalchange.gov.