This page is no longer updated and is scheduled to be retired on October 1, 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Individuals and teams were invited to submit technical inputs for consideration by the National Climate Assessment & Development Advisory Committee (NCADAC) in drafting the Third NCA. Information and guidance related to the first step in this process, submitting expressions of interest, can be found in the following documents:
- July 13, 2011 - Federal Register Notice Request for Information inviting the public to provide comments and expressions of interest in offering technical inputs or assessment capacity on topics related to the Third National Climate Assessment. See also supplemental information and frequently asked questions.
- September 7, 2011 - Federal Register Notice providing a target deadline for expressions of interest by October 1, 2011.
The inputs targeting the Third NCA report were due by March 1, 2012. For more information, please see the Federal Register Notices above or contact the Engagement staff.
Please note that these reports were submitted independently to the NCA program for consideration and have not been reviewed by the NCADAC.
- Sectoral Crosscuts
- Regional Crosscuts
- Adaptation, Mitigation, & Decision Support
- National Climate Assessment Health Sector Literature Review and Bibliography: Technical Input for the Interagency Climate Change and Human Health Group (2012). Overview | Bibliography | Bibliography User’s Guide | Search Strategy and Results
- National Climate Assessment Health Sector Workshop: Northwest Region Report (2012)
- National Climate Assessment Health Sector Workshop: Southeast Region Report (2012)
- Climate Change and Agriculture in the United States: Effects and Adaptation (2012); USDA Technical Bulletin 1935 PDF | Report FAQs
Biodiversity & Ecosystems
- Impacts of Climate Change on Biodiversity, Ecosystems, and Ecosystem Services: Technical Input to the 2013 National Climate Assessment (2012)
- A special open-access issue of ESA's Frontiers in Ecology on Impacts of Climate Change on Biodiversity, Ecosystems, and Ecosystem Services (2013) incorporates 6 papers based on the above technical input
- Effects of Climatic Variability and Change on Forest Ecosystems: A Comprehensive Science Synthesis for the U.S. Forest Sector; Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-870, USDA, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station PDF | Report FAQs
- Climate Change and Energy Supply and Use: Technical Report to the U.S. Department of Energy in Support of the National Climate Assessment (2012); Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Water Resources Sector Technical Input – Interim Report In Support of the U.S. Global Change Research Program 2014 National Climate Assessment (2013); U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Institute for Water Resources
- A special open access issue of ESA's Frontiers in Ecology on Biogenic Greenhouse Gases in North American Terrestrial Ecosystems (2012) incorporates 8 papers first prepared as technical input to the Third NCA, with the support from the Carbon Cycle Interagency Working Group (CCIWG) member agencies and others
- Climate Change and Infrastructure, Urban Systems, and Vulnerabilities: Technical Report to the U.S. Department of Energy in Support of the National Climate Assessment (2012); Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Climate and Energy-Water-Land System Interactions: Technical Report to the U.S. Department of Energy in Support of the National Climate Assessment (2012); Report No. PNNL-21185, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Land Use & Land Cover Change
- National Climate Assessment Technical Report on the Impacts of Climate and Land Use and Land Cover Change (2012); U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2012-1155
- Northeast - Draft Technical Input Report: Climate Change in the Northeast - A Sourcebook - final version coming soon
- Southeast - Climate of the Southeast United States: Variability, Change, Impacts, and Vulnerability (2012) PDF | Order a hard copy from Island Press
- Midwest - Climate Change in the Midwest: A Synthesis Report for the National Climate Assessment (2014) PDF | Order a hard copy from Island Press
- Great Plains - Great Plains Climate Assessment Technical Report (2015) PDF | Order a hard copy from Island Press
- Southwest - Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States (2013) PDF | Order a hard copy from Island Press
- Northwest - Climate Change in the Northwest: Implications for Our Landscapes, Waters, and Communities (2013) PDF | Order a hard copy from Island Press
- Northwest - A Workshop in Risk-Based Framing of Climate Impacts in the Northwest: Implementing the National Climate Assessment Risk-Based Approach (2012)
- Alaska - The United States National Climate Assessment—Alaska Technical Regional Report (2012): U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1379
- Hawaii & Pacific Islands - Climate Change and Pacific Islands: Indicators and Impacts (2012) PDF | Order a hard copy from Island Press
- Coastal Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability: A Technical Input to the 2013 National Climate Assessment (2012) PDF | Order a hard copy from Island Press
- Oceans and Marine Resources in a Changing Climate: Technical Input to the 2013 National Climate Assessment (2013) PDF | Order a hard copy from Island Press
- Scenarios for Climate Assessment and Adaptation (Overview)
- Regional Scenarios
- Sea Level Rise Scenarios
- National Climate Assessment Indicators: Background, Development, Examples (2012)
- A Comprehensive Review of Climate Adaptation in the United States: More Than Before, But Less Than Needed (2013); Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change Vol. 18 (3)