Third National Climate Assessment 2010–2014
USGCRP's Third National Climate Assessment (NCA) was informed by extensive public input gathered through town hall meetings, public comment periods, technical workshops, and other participatory opportunities across the country. The NCA engagement strategy leveraged science and assessment capacity across the country while working to ensure that the process and outcomes were accessible and useful to stakeholders. The information below documents stakeholder engagement around the Third NCA.
- NCA Engagement Strategy
- Public Comment Periods
- Listening Sessions
- Workshops & Meetings
- Technical Inputs
- Additional Resources
- Initial comment period on objectives, proposed topics, and next steps in the development of the Third NCA (comments received | one additional comment)
- Comment period on the draft of the Third NCA (comments received | draft report)
July 2011 National Park Service Webinar (recording available upon request)
A number of organizations involved in NCAnet have produced resources related to USGCRP's Third National Climate Assessment. USGCRP provides the below links to these external resources for informational purposes only, and does not make any representation as to the accuracy of information, endorse any views expressed, or endorse or approve any commercial products or private interests that may be advertised or available on these sites.
- Spanish translations of select parts of the Third National Climate Assessment Highlights
- Synthesis of the Third National Climate Assessment for the Great Lakes Region produced by the Great Lakes Integrated Sciences + Assessments Center (GLISA)
- Independently produced multimedia in support of the Third National Climate Assessment—in these two video series, NCA authors discuss key messages from their chapters, and Americans around the country talk about how is already affecting their lives and livelihoods.