Carbon Emissions in the Industrial Age
Global carbon emissions from burning coal, oil, and gas and from producing cement (1850-2009). These emissions account for about 80% of the total emissions of carbon from human activities, with land-use changes (like cutting down forests) accounting for the other 20% in recent decades. (Data from Boden et al. 2012).