Sustained Assessment Working Group
The Sustained Assessment Working Group (SAWG) is a Federal effort to enhance the USGCRP sustained assessment process. Sustained assessment involves a continuous evaluation of the state of scientific knowledge, the establishment and maintenance of networks, and the provision of actionable science on an ongoing basis. SAWG is particularly focused on improving the production efficiency of the Congressionally-mandated quadrennial National Climate Assessment. SAWG considers facets of global change assessments such as quadrennial report structure, administrative aspects of the assessment process, scenario products and data tools, indicators, research needs and gaps, special reports, evaluation, and engagement with assessment contributors and users.
Since its initiation, SAWG has delivered recommendations to the Subcommittee on Global Change Research on each of the above topic areas, and has developed an Implementation Roadmap to guide the Program on its sustained assessment activities.
- Discuss sustained assessment topics and share relevant assessment activities across agencies
- Monitor and track progress of the Implementation Roadmap
- Sustained Assessment in NCA4
- Sustained Assessment: A New Vision for Future U.S. Assessments (NCA3, Chapter 30)
- Federal Advisory Committee for the Sustained National Climate Assessment
- National Academies “Making Climate Assessments Work” Workshop Report (August 2018)
For more information, please contact Allyza Lustig.