Integrated Observations Interagency Working Group
The Integrated Observations Interagency Working Group (ObsIWG) facilitates the exchange and coordination of observations capabilities and observation technique-related research relevant to climate and
The scope of the ObsIWG includes the comprehensive observational system needed to meet climate science research and monitoring requirements, and includes satellite-based observations and in situ observations (airborne, ground-based, and ocean-based, and including systematic human observations) in the terrestrial, oceanic, and atmospheric domains.
Coordination strategies developed are relative to the comprehensive climate observational system, not only to those portions covered by the USGCRP budget, and reflect external coordination with international organizations and partners.
- In collaboration with the
Carbon CycleIWG, informed the “Carbon Cycle Observing Strategy” workshop
- Development of possible collaboration with the Interagency Group on Integrative Modeling surrounding Observing System Simulation Experiments (OSSEs)
- Participation in the scoping team for the Global Change Information Group
- Participation in observational activities including the U.S. Group on Earth Observations (USGEO) Earth Observation Assessment
- Annual compendium of observational activities published in USGCRP’s annual Our Changing Planet report in FY15, FY16, and FY17
- Compendium of methane-related observational activities (FY16)