Carbon Cycle Interagency Working Group
The Carbon Cycle Interagency Working Group (CCIWG) supports carbon cycle research across the Federal Government and is responsible for defining program goals, setting research priorities, and reviewing the progress of the research programs that contribute to carbon cycle science. As part of USGCRP’s sustained assessment process, the CCIWG led and coordinated the production of the Second State of the Carbon Cycle Report, the latest decadal assessment of the carbon cycle and its connection to climate and society in North America.
Fourteen federal agencies and departments are part of CCIWG program activities. CCIWG works closely with other USGCRP Interagency Groups and engages with U.S. and international partners.
- U.S. Carbon Cycle Science Program
- Interagency Carbon Dioxide Removal Research Coordination (I-CDR-C) CCIWG sub-group
- Interagency Greenhouse Gas Information, Analysis and Observations sub-group
- Second State of the Carbon Cycle Report
- First State of the Carbon Cycle Report
- Open Science Meeting
- Youtube Channel 'From Science to Solutions: The State of the Carbon Cycle'
- Joint Workshops and Publications
- Joint Research Funding Solicitations
- Science Group activities
- U.S. Carbon Cycle Science Plans
- International Activities/Collaborations
- North American Carbon Program
- Ocean Carbon and Biogeochemistry Program
- Joint North American Carbon Program-Ocean Carbon & Biogeochemistry Focus Group
For more information or to contribute to our interagency and science community activities, please contact Dr. Sam Basile.