Technical inputs for the 2013 National Climate Assessment were due March 1, 2012. Please note that these reports were submitted independently to the National Climate Assessment for consideration and have not been reviewed by the National Climate Assessment Development and Advisory Committee. Links to agency-sponsored reports will be posted here as they are made available.
- National Climate Assessment Health Sector Literature Review and Bibliography. Technical Input for the Interagency Climate Change and Human Health Group, September 2012.
- Walthall et al. 2012. Climate Change and Agriculture in the United States: Effects and Adaptation. USDA Technical Bulletin 1935. Washington, DC. 186 pages. | Report FAQs
- National Climate Assessment Health Sector Workshop: Northwest Region Report February 23-24, 2012
- National Climate Assessment Health Sector Workshop: Southeast Region Report February 13-14, 2012
- Biodiversity & Ecosystems: Michelle D. Staudinger, Nancy B. Grimm, Amanda Staudt, Shawn L. Carter, F. Stuart Chapin III, Peter Kareiva, Mary Ruckelshaus, Bruce A. Stein. 2012. Impacts of Climate Change on Biodiversity, Ecosystems, and Ecosystem Services: Technical Input to the 2013 National Climate Assessment. Cooperative Report to the 2013 National Climate Assessment. 296 p.
- Vose, James M.; Peterson, David L.; Patel-Weynand, Toral, eds. 2012. Effects of climatic variability and change on forest ecosystems: a comprehensive science synthesis for the U.S. forest sector. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-870. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 265 p. | Report FAQs
- ORNL, 2012. Climate Change and Energy Supply and Use. Technical Report to the U.S. Department of Energy in Support of the National Climate Assessment, February 20, 2012.
- Hauser, R., Jadin, J. 2012. Rural Communities Workshop Technical Report.
- A special open access issue of ESA's Frontiers in Ecology on 'Biogenic greenhouse gases in North American terrestrial ecosystems' (December 2012) incorporates 8 papers first prepared as technical input to the 2013 National Climate Assessment (NCA), with the support from the Carbon Cycle Interagency Working Group (CCIWG) member agencies and others.
- ORNL, 2012. Climate Change and Infrastructure, Urban Systems, and Vulnerabilities. Technical Report to the U.S. Department of Energy in Support of the National Climate Assessment, February 29, 2012.
- Skaggs R, K Hibbard et al. 2012. Climate and Energy-Water-Land System Interactions:
Technical Report to the U.S. Department of Energy in Support of the National Climate Assessment. Report No. PNNL-21185, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Land Use and Land Cover Change: Loveland, Thomas; Mahmood, Rezaul; Patel-Weynand, Toral; Karstensen, Krista; Beckendorf, Kari; Bliss, Norman; and Carleton, Andrew; 2012, National climate assessment technical report on the impacts of climate and land use and land cover change: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2012-1155, 86 p.
- Regional Scenarios For Climate Assessment and Adaptation
- Hawaii & Pacific Islands: Keener, V. W., Marra, J. J., Finucane, M. L., Spooner, D., & Smith, M. H. (Eds.). (2012). Climate Change and Pacific Islands: Indicators and Impacts. Report for The 2012 Pacific Islands Regional Climate Assessment. Washington, DC: Island Press. (Purchase a hard copy on the Island Press website here).
- Alaska: Markon, C.J., Trainor, S.F., and Chapin, F.S., III, eds., 2012, The United States National Climate Assessment—Alaska Technical Regional Report: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1379, 148 p.
- Northeast: Horton, R.; Solecki, W.; and Rosenzweig, C.; Draft Technical Input Report: Climate Change in the Northeast - A Sourcebook [DRAFT]
- Northwest: A Workshop in Risk-Based Framing of Climate Impacts in the Northwest: Implementing the National Climate Assessment Risk-Based Approach; March 2012
- Southeast: Southeast Region Technical Report to the National Climate Assessment; July 23, 2012
- Southwest: Assessment of Climate Change in the Southwest United States; April 21, 2013
- Burkett, .R. and Davidson, M.A. [Eds.]. (2012). Coastal Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability: A Technical Input to the 2012 National Climate Assessment. Cooperative Report to the 2013 National Climate Assessment. Washington, DC: Island Press. (Purchase a hard copy on the Island Press website here).
- Parris, A., P. Bromirski, V. Burkett, D. Cayan, M. Culver, J. Hall, R. Horton, K. Knuuti, R. Moss, J. Obeysekera, A. Sallenger, and J. Weiss. 2012. Global Sea Level Rise Scenarios for the US National Climate Assessment. NOAA Tech Memo OAR CPO-1. 37 pp. (A report of the NCA Scenarios Workgroup).
- Griffis, Roger and Howard, Jennifer, eds. (2013). Oceans and Marine Resources in a Changing Climate: Technical Input to the 2013 National Climate Assessment. United States Global Change Research Project, Washington, DC.
- Burkett, V.R. and Davidson, M.A. [Eds.]. (2012). Coastal Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability: A Technical Input to the 2012 National Climate Assessment. Cooperative Report to the 2013 National Climate Assessment., pp. 150.
Adaptation, Mitigation, and Decision-Support